Let’s talk about how the wider User Centered Design (UCD) process kicks-off the UX effort within a digital product development project.
- Start with the idea, use cases and user journeys (to assess whether they stack up) – I’d recommend a method called process design testing,
- Write down requirements (Confluence epics and user stories), create early concepts & IA,
- Progress into prototyping, finessing UX through insights and IxD,
- Launch build programme (agile sprints to meet time to market target), staying user focused when creating visual design in parallel,
- Test, QA and refine,
- Launch or Update production environment,
- Optimise and maintain.