A structured design operations (DesignOps) framework helps timely delivery of digital experiences, and a process to plan incremental enhancements across the product/service roadmap.
In this section, I have outlined my approach to establishing design harmony in transformative projects through implementing such a framework.
- Laying the foundation
- Embedding User Centered Design
- Creating a framework
- Checklist for artefacts
1. Laying the foundation
We want to create digital versions of real world interactions, meanwhile ensuring the solutions are technically sound, move with design evolution, and stay truly scalable. Think of design as a program, and the various activities and touch-points necessary to deliver change quickly, while maintaining a high level of quality, become clear.
Aligning with product vision, create a roadmap that will help in UX planning, resource allocation, plotting project milestones, development schedules, and regular cross-team communication, ensuring the UX team’s effectiveness.
2. Embedding User Centered Design
Gather a deep understanding of users’ needs to ensure high-quality experience outcomes, always in line with business requirements (what does the organisation want to achieve for its product or service).
- Start with a discovery phase – however long or short it may need to be
- Capture UX stories, architectural constraints, and developer effort sizing as the full slice of functionality
- Write user stories that comprehend all of these layers
- Work with low-fidelity prototypes to set a baseline for Information Architecture, Interaction design and high-level content structure
- Create checkpoints for both project sponsors/stakeholder input and end-user validation
3. Creating a framework
A well-structured DesignOps framework seamlessly integrates all design input, necessary for agile development projects, into stages of design delivery that stay ahead of development sprints – and rightly so.
4. Checklist for artefacts
- Document scope and design articulation
- Define experience principles
- Brand guidelines (default or client input)
- UI Components
- UI Control selection
- UI Patterns (patterns within product)
- UI Interaction
At the core of a digital product is the consultancy, the first point of tangibility.Hybrid Journey